The festive season always means a busy end to the term at Ipswich School and Ipswich Prep School.
Concerts, carol services and Christmas plays are the most traditional of activities, but there’s always something new devised by staff and pupils!
- The library elves have wrapped some ‘mystery’ books and have placed them under the Christmas reading tree in the Junior Library for pupils in Year 7 and 8. There are clues on the wrapping paper to help readers make their selection, but the idea is they might find a new author or genre to try once they unwrap their surprise.
- Members of the German Club learned about the tradition of Saint Nikolaus Day (6th December). They made their own little boots hoping they will be filled with sweets, fruit and nuts. Frohe Weihnacht!
- Mr Faiers’ Year 10 tutor group were challenged to make the most creative, festive and excessively bright gingerbread house in their tutor group time. After finally sticking them together and decorating, a rightful winner was chosen by Head of House Mr Blunden. Well done to the winning team of Amelie, Nancy, Lucy and Kyle.
- School House pupils put together a festive hamper worth £60 to be raffled to support Malawi Breast Cancer Care.
- Friday 6 December was a double Christmas celebration, with Christmas Jumper Day and then Crash into Christmas in the evening – a concert with many of the school ensembles performing items with a festive feel.
- Friday 13 December is Christmas Dinner Day!
- Ipswich School sponsored a Christmas tree at the St Mary le Tower Christmas Tree Festival.
- Westwood Boarding House had a Christmas Dinner in the Dining Hall on 15 December, amongst their Christmas festivities.
- Years 1 and 2 had a Christmas Play ‘Hey Ewe!’
- The Nursery/Reception Christmas Concert was called ‘We’re going on a Star Hunt!’
- On Monday 16 December was Santa’s Workshop Day for the Prep, making decorations and singing Christmas songs. There was also an Upper Prep Christmas Bazaar, Christmas parties and disco.
- The Upper Prep Carol Service is Tuesday 17 December, a special event bringing the Michaelmas Term to a close.
Ipswich School – both the Senior School and Prep School – will be closed for the Christmas holidays from the end of school on Tuesday 17 Dec, and will re-open on Monday 6 Jan.
The Senior School reception will be open from 8.30am-1pm during the holidays on weekdays – except from Weds 25 Dec to Weds 1 Jan inclusive.
The Lodge Day Nursery closes at 6pm on Monday 23 Dec and re-opens again on Thursday 2 Jan at 7.30am.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.