For teaching staff:
- The school has a salary scale which mirrors but is more generous than that of the maintained sector. There is a two-thirds remission of fees for children (aged 5 and above) of full-time teaching staff providing there are vacancies and the children fulfil the usual entry requirements.
- All teachers at Ipswich School are members of The Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- The school takes seriously its responsibility to provide opportunities for continued professional development. The Government-accredited Induction Scheme for Newly Qualified Teachers is available in independent schools and at Ipswich we have a very well structured programme of support and guidance. All new teachers receive induction and guidance from the Deputy Head (Academic), The Director of Teaching Staff Development and other senior colleagues, in particular Heads of Department.
- All members of the teaching staff receive a Chromebook laptop to help with administration and teaching.
For all staff:
- Free lunch is provided in the school Dining Hall in term time on the days you are at work and whilst the kitchen is in operation.
- Staff are able to use the school’s swimming pool and fitness suite free of charge (in compliance with appropriate rules and regulations).
- Childcare vouchers can be purchased where applicable and in accordance with Government regulations.
- The school operates a Cyclescheme for staff who wish to purchase a cycle for travel to work.
- There is (limited) free parking on site for staff.
- Staff social and CPD events are organised regularly for staff (and by staff) during term time.
For support staff:
- After 3 months’ service and/or in line with workplace pension legislation, you will be entitled to join a defined contribution pension scheme.
- The school runs an appraisal scheme for its support staff, to assist in the review and development of their role, and the post holder will participate in this scheme
- In addition to internally organised staff training, support staff at Ipswich are encouraged to attend courses and conferences, and undertake relevant qualifications which will further their expertise and career.
- All support staff receive death in service cover equal to 3 times their annual salary.