For teaching staff:
- The school has a salary scale which mirrors but is more generous than that of the maintained sector. There is generous remission of fees for children (aged 5 and above) of teaching staff, providing there are vacancies and the children fulfil the usual entry requirements.
- All teachers at Ipswich School currently have the option to be members of The Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- The school takes seriously its responsibility to provide opportunities for continued professional development. The Government-accredited Induction Scheme for Early Careers Teachers is available in independent schools, and at Ipswich School we have a very well structured programme of support and guidance. All new teachers receive induction and guidance from the Deputy Head (Academic), The Director of Teaching Staff Development, the Head of Induction and other senior colleagues, in particular Heads of Department.
- All members of the teaching staff (on 0.5 FTE or above) receive a Chromebook laptop to help with administration and teaching.
For all staff:
- Free lunch is provided in the school Dining Hall in term time when the kitchen is in operation.
- Staff are able to use the school’s swimming pool and fitness suite free of charge (in compliance with appropriate rules and regulations).
- The school operates a Cyclescheme for staff who wish to purchase a cycle for travel to work.
- There is (limited) free parking on site for staff.
- Staff social and CPD events are organised regularly for staff (and by staff) during term time.
For support staff:
- After 3 months’ service and/or in line with workplace pension legislation, support staff are entitled to join a defined contribution pension scheme.
- Support staff with 3+ years’ contracted service will be eligible for fee remission based on their contracted working hours.
- The school runs an appraisal scheme for its support staff, to assist in the review and development of their roles.
- In addition to internally organised staff training, support staff at Ipswich School are encouraged to attend courses and conferences, and undertake relevant qualifications which will further their expertise and career.
- All support staff receive death in service cover equal to 3 times their annual salary.