The Friends aim to support the school community with social opportunities, practical help and raising funds to benefit those within the school community. The Friends has a steering committee of parents and former parents supported by and working alongside the Headmaster, Prep Head, a teacher rep and members of the schools Development Office.
A great, SOLD OUT event again this year and raised £791!
The Summer Ball
The biggest event in the Friends social calendar is SOLD OUT!
Second Hand Uniform Sales
2nd June, Senior School Sale, 13:30, Ivry House
12th June, Prep School Sale, 13:30, Ivry House
25th July, Senior School Sale: 13:30, Ivry House
Year 7 picnic
This is a lovely family get together towards the end of the Summer holidays to welcome pupils and their families starting in year 7. It is a brilliant opportunity to meet up in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere before the school term begins.
Funds raised are used to provide ‘extras’ to benefit pupils – often ‘fun things’ that help to support teachers in making learning interesting and exciting and also to support the wider school community.
Gifts from the friends include:
- a treehouse for the Upper Prep playground and a donation of £5,000 towards the refurbishment of the Lower Prep playground.
- a Caterham car kit, new cricket nets and table tennis tables for the Senior School.
- house T- shirts for all new pupils in both the Senior School and Prep.
- swimming and ski equipment.
- Recycling bins to for environmental initiatives within the school.
The wider community:
- the Friends contributed £1,000 towards the wonderful doves installation in School Chapel to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War.
- the Friends are delighted to have been able to provide significant donations in support of a number of local organisations: Thomas Wolsey School supports children with complex and challenging support needs.
- SELIG, a local charity supporting homeless people.
- most recently the school pupils and the Friends combined to be able to provide local charity FIND (Families in Need) with a substantial combined donation of over £6,500. FIND supports some of the most vulnerable families in our local community week in week out not least via its food bank service.
The Friends of Ipswich School Prize for Charitable Work is awarded each year at Speech Day to a senior school pupil. This last year it was awarded to Anastasia Murphy for the considerable work in raising awareness and money for the ocean plastics campaign. She was instrumental in various posters, discussions and a boys against girls netball match fundraiser for the Marine Conservation Society.
We hope that you and your family will enjoy and benefit from being a member of the Friends. Ideas for events and initiatives and new committee members are always welcome. Just contact us via the details below and we look forward to enjoying your company at an event very soon.