The Friends aim to support the School community with social opportunities, practical help and raising funds to benefit those within the school community. The Friends has a steering committee of parents and former parents supported by and working alongside the School.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation with Covid-19, all FOIS events are postponed/cancelled until further notice.
We will update this page with new events when we are able to organise them.
Funds raised are used to provide ‘extras’ to benefit pupils – often ‘fun things’ that help to support teachers in making learning interesting and exciting.
- This year’s second-hand uniform sales have raised a combined £13,975!
- The Annual Quiz SOLD OUT again this year and raised £791!
- Gifts to the School have included:- a treehouse for the Upper Prep playground and a donation of £5,000 towards the refurbishment of the Lower Prep playground.
- A Caterham car kit, new cricket nets and table tennis tables for the Senior School.
- House t- shirts for all new pupils in both the Senior School and Prep School.
- Swimming and skiing equipment.
- Recycling bins for environmental initiatives within the School.
The wider community:
- The Friends contributed £1,000 towards the wonderful doves installation in the School chapel, to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War.
- The Friends are delighted to have been able to provide significant donations in support of a number of local organisations:
- Thomas Wolsey School which supports children with complex and challenging additional needs.
- SELIG, a local charity supporting homeless people.
- The School pupils and the Friends combined to provide local charity FIND (Families in Need) with a substantial donation of over £6,500. FIND supports some of the most vulnerable families in our local community.
The Friends of Ipswich School Prize for Charitable Work is awarded each year at Speech Day to a Senior School pupil. Last year it was awarded to Anastasia Murphy for her considerable work in raising awareness of and money for the ocean plastics campaign. She was instrumental in various posters, discussions and a boys against girls netball match fundraiser for the Marine Conservation Society.
We hope that you and your family will enjoy and benefit from being a member of the Friends. Ideas for events and initiatives and new committee members are always welcome. Just contact us via the details below and we look forward to enjoying your company at an event very soon.
To get involved, please contact:- email@example.com