For each individual. For the community. For each other. For others.
For our subjects and activities. For the transforming power of education to realise potential.
Within each individual, our pupils and our staff, to grow and excel in all that they do.
Clear, comprehensive and timely.
Being loved by our stakeholders – pupils, parents, the community – is important to us, and we are embedding the following aims within all we do at Ipswich School with a view to meeting this aspiration.
- to provide an environment where pupils feel safe and brave in all that they do;
- to present pupils with a wealth of opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom, and to help them to find their own passions;
- to monitor our provision: pastoral, curricular and co-curricular, learning from the best that we do, to ensure that the only limit on pupils’ development is their own potential;
- to look for new ways to achieve the high standards that the school aspires to, working in a smarter way by using a ‘less is more’ approach, and managing the demands on our pupils and staff;
- to strengthen the links in the ‘triangle’ joining parents, pupils and school, to ensure we communicate well and are all working together with a common purpose;
- to encourage our pupils to consider moral and spiritual values, to understand their place in the world and to develop a spirit of service within the community;
- to equip our pupils with the skills to be happy in their success at Ipswich School and beyond.